The Mustard Seed Service Awards were generously funded in part by bequests from Irma Ziegler Smith, Mildred Ziegler, and Gus Berkes, and by memorial gifts made by parishioners.
Service Award Amount: $1000.00
- Must be a participating parishioner of Sacred Heart Church.
- Must be entering as a Freshman in a full-time an undergraduate college, university or community college program of higher education.
- Must have given significant service to church and/or community.
- Must complete the application and essay. This essay may be published on the Sacred Heart Parish website.
- Must be available for an interview during the month of May (dates to be determined).
- Prior recipients are not eligible.
- Go on the www.sacredheartchurch.info home page and click on Application Form under the Mustard Seed Youth Service Award. Enter information in the required fields.
- Type a 1 page double spaced essay.
- Note that the application form and essay may only be filled in by the student; NO parent submissions are allowed.
- Once completed, submit your application and essay by April 30, 2017. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Application & essay may be submitted in any of the following three ways:
1. Drop off application to Mary Korsu in the SHC office by April 30, 2017.
2. Mailed applications should postmarked no later than April 30, 2017 and be sent to:
Sacred Heart Church
910 Main St. South
Southbury, CT 06488
Attn: Daniella Brooks
- You will be contacted in early May to setup an interview.
- Interviews will be conducted during the month of May.
For further information, please contact Daniella Brooks at
*** If a scholarship is awarded, recipient/representative must attend the 5:00pm ROC mass on Saturday June 3rd.